The University of Limerick is collaborating with the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME), other academic institutions and healthcare organisations in the delivery of this programme.
On this programme, students will gain the confidence to innovate and apply their learnings, as individuals and as team members, adopting a patient-centric approach to their decision-making and actions, to solve problems and overcome challenges within their healthcare settings/sectors/industries. This is achieved via digital asynchronous delivery, supported with synchronous tutorials, workshops, guest talks by digital health consultants and specialists in health sector industries. All coursework is via assignments and through the medium of undertaking a substantial project, members of each group will integrate and apply their previous learnings to develop a digital transformation solution or capability that will have a significant positive impact on their health service/setting/industry. This programme can be completed in one of three modes: over one calendar year; over 20 months or over two calendar years.
Implementing large-scale change involving digital health technologies requires an organisation to prepare leaders who
- are flexible, highly adaptable and motivated by outcomes that realise benefits;
- have the capacity to build patient-centred models of care, engaging with stakeholders to realise the benefits of digital technologies in health and social care to empower patients and enhance their experiences;
- can effectively and consistently engage with patients and staff, bridging cultural differences and managing varying attitudes to change;
- can build a business case for cooperating with process improvements and emerging digital technologies to facilitate information sharing in a more integrated care environment to improve clinical development and clinical outcomes; and
- are capable of directing the planning and deployment of resources in a digital transformation project
Could this be you?
If so, you may wish to apply for the MSc. in International Digital Health Transformation.